Making Sales in a Down Market
By Bryan Foe
Make Investment in Relationships Based on Trust
- Connect with the right companies
- Engage with the best people
- Clean out and be true to your pipeline
- Be visible in the market-place. There is nothing to hide from
Reframe Your Value Proposition To Reflect Reality
- What can you do for your customer?
- How can your company differentiate from the field?
- Can you highlight in bold terms your value proposition?
- Can you show proof through testimonials?
Increase Investment in People and Your Sales Process
- Implement or bolster a sales methodology
- Double down on coaching and training
- Be consistent with the rigors of sales management
- Avoid being bogged down in the details of the numbers
No matter the market conditions: ensure you have a winning attitude and share it with your team. Companies with a winning attitude and a culture for success sell more, in any market. Companies maintaining a positive attitude know customers have new and even greater needs to be met. These organizations also know their competition is encountering challenges that clear a path for driving new business home.
Successful companies understand that a positive outlook improves the chances of winning. It starts at the top with communication, energy, ongoing motivation, and support.